Wilmington College is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III and the Ohio Athletic Conference.
The Athletic Department has intercollegiate programs in the following sports. Men’s sports consist of cross country, football, soccer, basketball, baseball, lacrosse, swimming, and track. Women’s sports consist of soccer, lacrosse, volleyball, basketball, softball, tennis, cross country, swimming, and track.
In addition to intercollegiate athletics, an extensive intramural program is offered. Also, informal recreation and fitness activities are available in Hermann Court and the adjoining Quaker Recreation Center.
The mission of the Athletic Department at Wilmington College is the formation of men and women into individuals who are intellectually, spiritually, socially, and morally mature. Toward this end, Wilmington College Athletic Department is committed:
- To uphold the educational goals of Wilmington College as stated in the official College catalog.
- To provide students with a value-oriented campus environment which affords them the opportunity to realize their full potential as human beings.
- To complement the academic goals of the College by recruiting promising student athletes, demanding of them a dedication to and pride in academic achievement, and providing them the opportunity and assistance to succeed.
- To initiate, stimulate, and improve intercollegiate athletic programs for student athletes and to promote and develop educational leadership, physical fitness, athletic excellence, and athletics participation as a recreational pursuit; and
- To provide the College and local communities with a successful, honorable, exciting, and enjoyable athletic program which dramatically demonstrates the ideals of leadership and commitment to excellence.