Wilmington College intends to make significant progress in the next decade toward being a model college that melds the liberal arts and career preparation in order to graduate liberally educated professionals.
To move towards this vision, Wilmington will:
- integrate career preparation with the traditions and foundational skills of the liberal arts;
- challenge students to live the historic Quaker testimonies of integrity, service, peace and social justice, stewardship, and respect for all persons and to practice them in their communities and workplaces;
- promote every student's participation in hands-on experiences including internships, community service and international study programs;
- create a caring campus community that embraces civility, respect and trust; and
- demonstrate a commitment to this vision by placing the needs of students at the center of decision-making.